From: Computer-go [mailto:computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org] On Behalf Of
Álvaro Begué
Sent: 22 March 2016 17:21
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Subject: Re: [Computer-go] Congratulations to AlphaGo (Statistical significance
of results)

A very simple-minded analysis is that, if the null hypothesis is that AlphaGo
and Lee Sedol are
equally strong, AlphaGo would do as well as we observed or better 15.625% of
the time. That's a
p-value that even social scientists don't get excited about. :)

Álvaro.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Jason House <jason.james.ho...@gmail.com>