Well, you wrote this:

> but convolutional neural networks and monte-carlo simulators have not
> advanced the science of artificial intelligence one whit further than
> being engineered empirical validations of the 1940s-era theories of
> McCullough & Pitts and Ulam respectively, albeit their conjunction
> being a seminal validation insofar as duffing up human Go players is
> concerned.

That paragraph is disrespectful of AlphaGo and every important development
that it was built on. Theorists of the 40s didn't know jackshit about how
to make a strong go program or any other part of AI, for that matter.

This is like giving credit to the pre-Socratic philosophers for atomic
theory, or to Genesis for the Big Bang theory. I am sure there are people
that see connections, but no. Just no.

one has to expect a certain amount of abuse when going public, and to
> expect that eager critics will misrepresent what was said.

Your vast experience in the field means your opinions were formed way
before we knew what works and what doesn't, and are essentially worthless.

There, you like abuse?

Álvaro.