Hi,

"Johannes Laire" <johan...@laire.fi>
> The 2013 version is quite usable in wine, and the screenshots of the
> new version look exactly the same so I would expect it to work as
> well.

maybe the following bit of information helps.
I do not have Wine, but I own both the 2013 and the 2016 Unbalance
versions of CrazyStone. Although the screens look almost identical, the
interfaces work differently. In "human-vs-human" mode it takes

* 45 seconds to enter 38 moves by mouse clicks in CS-2013
* 71 seconds to enter the same 38 moves by mouse clicks in CS-2016

The delay when entering moves/games in CS-2016, is annoying.

One nice analysis feature of CS-2016:
You can load an sgf, and at some point X in the game open "computer-vs-computer"
mode (with strength levels of your choice; even different ones for the two
sides);
then CS-2106 will play the game until the end in autoplay mode.
You can repeat that to get more than one continuation from X (CS-2016 works
randomly).

Ingo.