Fan Hui's presentation was very disappointing, except for the statement that there will be a website with commentaries on AlphaGo games. The other possibly interesting information that its play suggests one might play everything during the opening was not new to me, who I have applied this insight since 2004 in my games.

I understand how hard it was to get a visa and that Aja Huang failed to get one. The Q&A section was missing so in particular none of my questions below could be answered yet. I do not give up hope, so here my questions are again:

1) When will there be a commercial program for an ordinary PC having AlphaGo's strength?

2) During the Lee Sedol match, how would disconnection from the internet, hardware failure, operating system failure or software failure have been handled? Would AlphaGo have lost such a game?

3) How well does AlphaGo play in exceptional positions designed by theoreticians, such as complex capturing races or multiple kos with long cycles?

4) Is it possible to relate AlphaGos data structures with human go theory? Can we learn go theory from them (e.g., how to play ko threats)? Can AlphaGo learn from human go theory (e.g., how to play ko threats)?

5) Why exactly did AlphaGo improve so fast?

6) When will a program only self-learning go from scratch by itself reach AlphaGo's strength?

7) What does AlphaGo mean for the progress of General Artificial Intelligence?

8) Suppose one day there is General Artificial Intelligence and it is used for a task involving responsibility, such as health care or car driving. Who has which legal responsibility if the General Artificial Intelligence makes mistakes killing people?

--
robert jasiek