Hello,
I have been asked by Pawel Morawiecki, if there will be interesting
side events in the European Go Congress 2017.

> I plan to come for EGC for 5 days or so. But i don't know which
> week should i choose. Are there any attractive side events ?
> I know that the movie "Surrounding game" is to be played 24th June.

On Thursday, July 22, there will be a (large) Board Game evening.
For Wednesday, August 02, a new codecentric Challenge is intended:
strong human vs a go program running onsite on a mobile phone or smartphone.

> Something changed about AlphaGo?

Good question. We still hope that Deepmind understands what a great opportunity
a presentation in the EGC (the largest Go event in the world, in number of
participants) would mean. But,. hope is last to die.

Ingo.

Would be grateful for your recommendation.
Best,
Paweł