Darren Cook: <92a6a6a9-4bb9-d8a8-fdca-4276a5ce1...@dcook.org>:
>> Since AlphaGo, almost all academic organizations have
>> stopped development but, ...
>
>In Japan, or globally? Either way, what domain(s)/problem(s) have they
>switched into studying?

Global.  Some told me that there will be no value in
developing strong programs, in academic sense.  Maybe
others have other reasons.  The only exception I know is
Prof. Wu's lab (CGI) in Taiwan.

Some have shifted to generating natural language-like
explanations for AI's moves, developing entertainment
versions which intentionally play close games, etc. and some
have shifted to other games including strategic ones and
imperfect info ones.
Hideki
--
Hideki Kato <mailto:hideki_ka...@ybb.ne.jp>