Hex:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1705.08439.pdf

This is not on a 19x19 board, and it was not tested against the current
state of the art (Mohex 1.0 was the state of the art at its time, but is at
least several years old now, I think), but they do get several hundred elo
points stronger than this old version of Mohex, have training curves that
suggest that they still haven' reached the limit of improvement, and are
doing it with orders of magnitude less computation than Google would have
available.

So, I think it is likely that hex is not going to be too difficult for
AlphaZero or similar architecture.