Thank you Nick!

I like the idea very much and look forward to participate in 2011.

My suggestions are:

1. Use separate board sizes and also combined. So you could award
three different winners: a. 19x19, b. smaller boards and c. combined.
Combined would be the sum of all points awarded on all sizes. As is
is today, the winner in 19x19 and 9x9 will probably be a different
program. The games have different approaches for both humans and
computers. 13x13 is different from both, but there may not be enough
tournaments to separate it from 9x9.

Three winners are more opportunities for everyone.

2. I would simplify the system to a fixed number of points like:
10, 5, 3, 2, 1 for the first five. This way it is much easier to grasp
a predict for everybody. A tournament is a tournament, no matter
if it has more time or more rounds, that's irrelevant in my opinion.
The winner will need to participate in all or nearly all and do its best
so everybody has the same difficulties and the result is fair. Some
may prefer fast and more rounds others slow, but in the end everyone
had the opportunity to participate in all tournaments.

My 2 cents.

Jacques.