Le 14/04/2011 13:32, Olivier Teytaud a écrit :

   We played games from random positions against a french 5D player (former
french champion and terrible for computers as a Monte-Carlo Go expert...).
We lost games with moderate number of stones in the initial position, but we
won 2 out of 3 games with 180 random stones whereas the human was allowed to
choose between black and white (for one position, the human believed it was
much easier for black, lost, and replayed the game with white, and lost
again). As this would never happen for standard games we can conclude that
random positions are a nightmare for humans. We will publish the positions.

I guess this due to lots of miai points.

Can't this give a hint for a bot strategy agaisnt human :
-try to build lots of miai points (maybe whole board like 50% likehood for final territory)

my 1 cent
Alain