Hello Aja,

>>> "But I will avoid technical details to fulfill the academic
>>>  principles."
>>
>> I don't understand this.  What academic principals are you refering to?
>
> Nothing special. Just something like “don’t copy/paste the source
> code, but describe by pseudo code” and “describe the algorithms but not
> trivial programming details”..etc.

Let me tell you my opinion about the best possible academic principles
concerning the presentation of programs.

(i) Give good description of the program in pseudo code
in the central part of the thesis.

AND

(ii) Give the source code - equipped an appropriate amount of comments -
in an appendix of the thesis.

Of course, having in mind history from computer chess (Fabien Letouzy
and his "Fruit"), the best for progress of the comp-go scene as a
whole would be to make Erica public domain under some of the "common"
license agreements.

I wish you all the best for your process of writing down your thesis.
When you need another proof reader, I would be willing to do that job
(without being disturbed by too much go knowledge).

Ingo (being the doctor father of Stefan Meyer-Kahlen since 1995 and
waiting and waiting and waiting ..... for completion of his thesis)