On 7/12/12 7:43 AM, terry mcintyre wrote:

    Ah, my mistake is obvious now.

    Black can take each of the four white "rabbity six" groups. Locally,
    it looks like each black group is dead, but the big white group has
    too few liberties to make good the threat to kill. Black takes all
    three of the shared liberties, then goes to work on the five-space
    "big eye" when w is forced to capture 5 to live.

    I played this versus Pachi; it appears to waste a few moves
    defending its own groups, which is suboptimal.

    Something to be said for a global plan.

I think some of you are making this more complex than need be: if W passes and B takes any one of the W groups, W simply proceeds to capture that B group, and it doesn't matter what happens with the other groups, W wins.