Dear Ingo,

Zen's settings are nothing special.  Zen19S these days runs on a cluster
of four desktop computers, a dual Intel Xeon X5680, Intel i7 3930K,
Intel i7 980X and Intel Xeon W3680, all run at 4 GHz.  The cluster
paralellization code has been, though, improved a little since the match
vs Takemiya 9p in March.

BTW, the official announce of "Denseisen" has been released.
http://entcog.c.ooco.jp/entcog/densei/ (in J) and
a pdf file for press.
http://entcog.c.ooco.jp/entcog/densei/Release20121120.pdf (in J)

Denseisen is the name of a serie of (handicap) games between
professional players and computer players under the contract between
Nihon Ki-in (Ichigaya, Tokyo) and UEC (The University of
Electro-Communications, Chofu, Tokyo).  The contract is valid for five
years.  Note that Denseisen is an "offical" serie.

#For Denseisen.  The "den", "sei" and "sen" mean electric or electronic,
saint and match, respectively.  Similar to well-known "Kiseisen", in
which "Kisei" means a saint of Go (or Shogi) where "saint" suggests
almost the God level.  Historically, there is a word "Kensei" where
"ken" and "sei" mean sword and saint.  The title "Kensei" is used
for the very excellent swordmen for long years in Japan and is still
well known.  Hence, "Densei" is created as the title for very excellent
computer Go players.

The first match will be held on March 20th, 2013 (a Spring holiday) at
UEC.  Two games are planned.  The professional player for both is Shuho
Ishida 24th Hon'inbo (Yoshio Ishida 9p).  The computer players are
the 1st and 2nd places of the Sixth UEC Cup, which will be held on
March 16th and 17th, 2013.  Handicaps will be studied after the UEC
Cup.

Nihon Ki-in: http://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/index-e.htm
UEC: http://www.uec.ac.jp/eng/

The latest info of the comming events this week:

The 9x9 match (six no-handicap games between three professinals and Zen)
on Nov 25th will be broadcast on Niconico movie (http://live.nicov
ideo.jp/watch/lv115455271 (in J)).  The first game will start at 10:20
AM JST (UTC+0900).
http://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/news/2012/11/_2_2.html (in J)
http://entcog.c.ooco.jp/entcog/event/event20121125.html (in J)

Also, there will be a professional (Ha, Yongil 5p in Kansai Ki-in; 4
handicap) vs Zen game at Nov 23rd (a holyday for workers) on KGS, as an
event at Neyagawa Shogi and Igo Festval.  I don't know the detailed
schedule but the reharsal will start at 1 PM JST (UTC+0900) on KGS.
http://www.igoshogineyagawa.org/ (in J)
Ha 5p: http://kansaikiin.jp/profile/cgi/profile.cgi?id=hayonniru (in
J)

Best,