Me again.

> We are considering investing into some high-end tournament hardware for
> Crazy Stone. It has to be a single machine.

I am thinking for which event you need the single machine.

When you have in mind some "single machine event" at the Computer
Olympiad (in August 2013), it might be better and cheaper for all
to think about some standard unexpensive single machine.

Background of my thinking: In the Computer Chess Championships there
were two competitions in recent years: one with arbitrary (remote)
hardware, and another one ("software league") with standard machines
who were in the tournament hall.

Perhaps it would make sense to have such a setting also for go in 2013.

Just my 2 cents, Ingo.