Congrats Remi!

Beating Zen was very impressing.
I was also impressed Fuego's performance.
Fuego used 1024 cores with df-UCT + TDS. It did not work first day,
but it worked in final and beated MFG and Nomitan.

Scalable Distributed Monte-Carlo Tree Search
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~kishi/pdf_file/socs2011pmcts.pdf

When Pasky arrived at Narita Airport, he happened to be asked from
TV "Why did you come to Japan". And TV followed him while the
tournament. He will be on TV in Japan.

Why did you come to Japan? (You ha nani shini Nihon he?)
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/official/youhananishini/

I was surprised many MC programs are not UCT anymore.
UCB = (wins / games) + C*sqrt( log(all_games) / games )
But in MFG, CS, Pachi and Fuego, C = 0. So they use something like this.
UCB_RAVE = (1-beta)*(wins / games) + beta*(rave_wins / rave_games) + somebias.

Yoshizoe and I wrote Computer Go book last November.
I'm afraid it is in Japanese though.

Computer Go:Theory and Practice of Monte Carlo Method
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4320123271/
There are some sample code (in Japanese).
http://www.yss-aya.com/book2011/

Regards,
Hiroshi Yamashita

----- Original Message ----- From: "Aja Huang" <ajahu...@gmail.com>