I measured the speed using only one core.  133 ns is the time is takes one core
to make one move in the playouts.

In Many Faces there is no small piece of code that uses a lot of time.  The top
functions and times are:

12% Generate local moves
8%: count liberties for ladder search in playouts
8% match big patterns on the full board during the tree search
8%: make a move in playouts6% generate moves to remove an eye in the playout
move generation
5%: count liberties of adjacent enemy group during playout move generation
4%: calculate gamma for a move during move generation for tree search
3%: extract an 8x8 bitmap for large pattern matching during tree search
2%: check a generated move for legality
2%: make a move during ladder search in the playouts

Etc.

Many of these functions are complex, and accelerating any one of them will have
negligible impact on performance.

You may be able to find some simple algorithm that can play well and that can
be accelerated.  The top programs are too complex to gain by this kind of
hardware.  Accelerating a few key functions can’t make the program much faster.
 Amdahl's law severely limits the gains that are possible.

Regards,

David