MCMC has little to do with what we do in computer Go. In MCTS we have a Markov
Chain and we take Monte-Carlo samples from it, but the purpose is really not
the same at all as what MCMC algorithms do. I recommend the wikipedia articles.
It is difficult to really get an idea of MCMC by reading a general description.
It is probably best that you get a feeling of what it is by studying the
details of a real MCMC algorithm. The most basic MCMC algorithm is the
Metropolis-Hastings algorithm:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis%E2%80%93Hastings_algorithm

Rémi