On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, John A. Newitt wrote:
At 1:05 AM -0400 4/17/07, Alvin Auerbach wrote:
Does Hewlett-Packard still make instruments? I don't know, but I'll bet that they don't care, one way or the other.

While not for electrical engineers, HP did continue to make analytical instruments for chemistry and the life sciences until recently. In ~2000, this division of HP was spun off into Agilent, presumably so that HP could "focus" on computers and printers.

Yes, Agilent also does electrical and network testing gear. In fact,
I did some work on their "Internet Advisor" network test set. I added
some features to their Frame Relay protocol analysis (for those who
care, I added the code to cross-reference DCLI channel numbers in LMI
link management packets versus the DLCI numbers seen in actual network
traffic) as part of work they outsourced.

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        [EMAIL PROTECTED]