Also, just to give myself a reality check I went
back and looked at Cerf's donations,  about $8K
in '06.  For a Google VP, that's chump change.
If you think that being partisan in and of itself
undermines someone's
credibility, why should we converse with anyone
that disagrees with us, or more to the point,
why do even believe our own integrity and objectivity?

Paul Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Nonsense.  Like it or not, the
sociological and polling data
are quite clear that Democratic voting and other liberal
tendencies increase with education levels.

Maybe that's
good, maybe that's bad, but the point is that there is nothing
unusual in the mere fact that Mr. Cerf is partisan for the Democrats.
Nothing to indicate that his "fanaticism" would make him
risk his reputation or his credibility by inaccurate or distorted
statements. If Cerf actually had a job in an administration, was
paid as a consultant, was a profession spin-meister, etc., that might
make his statements suspicious.

To assert someone who is not a political professional or a demonstrable
fanatic is willing to lie in public requires some serious evidence.  The
fact that someone of Mr. Cerf education and income gave money to the democrats
is not remarkable, sociologically, it might be more significant
(though not really much more) if his donations were going to the GOP.

Jeff Wright  wrote: I have to wonder if the politician's name in question was,
say, Newt, and he
gave to some *other* party that you'd be so quick to rush to his defense.

Cerf's piece was a political contribution to the Gore campaign at the time,
nothing more.  His partisan contribution pattern put his assertions directly
in the dubious category.