On Apr 25, 2007, at 7:38 PM, Chris Dunford wrote:

The classic example of this was an 11 o'clock news teaser I saw on one of the Baltimore TV stations a few years ago: "Is there snow in our future? Details at 11." The answer turned
out to be "no".

Or, in the Washington Times today, front page, "Syrian Agrees to Rice Meeting." That headline seem to imply that Syria has been refusing to talk, but is finally relenting and agreeing to some request from Secretary of State Rice for dialog. Actually it is us who is doing the refusing, and continuing to so so. Reading the article reveals that Rice has made no offer of dialogue whatsoever, and the Syrian official was merely saying, in response to a question, that Syria remains ready to talk at any time.

  Steve