Paula Minor sez:

>Michael, I used iMovie and imported my mpg movie into it with no
>problem and it plays but the sound is missing.

For anyone watching this thread, I'd just like to pass on that we fixed
Paula's sound issue. Both she and I located a free application called
MPEG StreamClip.

<http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html>

iMovie does not import the soundtracks of some MPEG 1 or MPEG 2 movies
(insert a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo about sound file types, muxed and
demuxed, and other stuff here :) ). StreamClip will convert movies to
other file types. So, in this case, Paula converted the MPEG to Digital
Video (DV), brought it into iMovie, and then used the Share command to
save it with better compression so she could get it up on YouTube under
the 100MB filesize limit.

I'll let Paul tell more about the process as well as provide the link to
the movie she worked on. :)

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions