IMVHO, complaining that a Mac does not work exactly like a PC is a silly
exercise.

>change the short name of the root admin...
>*40* steps to do this.  40.  If you don't make things worse doing it.

That is why those of us who know what we are doing use a widely-available
script. The general rule is to Google first, bitch later.

>Windows+L on the PC does this in a fraction of a second.  No such
>thing for a Mac; you pays your money and takes your chances.

This is off by default. You need to check a box in the "Security"
preference panel. Then set one of the hot corners to start the screen
saver.

P.S. If you open system preferences and use the Spotlight field, the Mac
will guide you to the command you need. Nothing like this is available on
Windows.