>Jeff, I'm afraid you've missed earlier evidence of this. While he has now
>blasts Vista for jumping through hoops to support old apps, not so long ago
>he blasted it for breaking old apps. It's difficult to take this very
>seriously.

You have poor memory. My complaint was about device drivers, not software.

I may or may not complain about support for software. It all depends on
how the transition gets managed. For example, Apple started making
changes in OS 8 and OS 9 in preparation for the transition to OS X. Back
then the changes were optional. They provided a path for developers to
follow to get them closer to where they needed to be when these changes
were no longer optional. When OS X arrived Apple provided a transitional
crutch API, again to make it easier to transition. Apple also provided a
parallel operating environment (Classic) to support applications that did
not convert. Apple, a much smaller company than MS, made a 10 year effort
to facilitate a transition. Has MS done anything like this?