>I do think that big outfits such as Google need to be more responsive to
>lowly users who are merely trying to point out a problem.  Instead, it
>appears as though they waited until some entity that could create some
>waves for them mentioned the problem before taking the issue seriously
>and making corrections.  What else is new?

Congratulations on your success.

With Google I'm a bit sympathetic because I know that the number of
emails they get is huge. The strategy with a big organization is often to
do a little research to find a place where your concerns might get
noticed -- like a narrowly-defined support list or blog. Rob probably
knew the right person to call.

I'm feeling equally snubbed by a local ISP (HIS.COM) that I have
previously recommended highly on this list. A small company like HIS
ought to know that when they don't respond it is very easy to move
business elsewhere. So it ain't just Google that snubs its customers.