>I am thinking about upgrading the memory in my iMac G4 (700).  I
>realize it is getting old and I won't be able to upgrade to Leopard, but
>I'm happy with Tiger.  How hard is it to access the the RAM to change
>it?  I've done it on other Macs, on PowerBooks, and on PCs, so I'm
>confident that I can do it.  I just need to know how to access it.

>I also looked online for the price of memory. Crucial had 512MB for
>$104.99...  while Memory-Up... has 512MB for $57.96.  The difference in
>price makes wonder, do I need to beware of Memory-Up or is it just a good
>deal?

The supplier I usually use (datamem.com) notes that your iMac has two
memory slots. The 144-pin SODIMM slot is "user friendly," the other slot
is "not recommended." I see that Memory-Up and Crucial also say this.

The "user friendly" slot is easy to spot when you remove the bottom
cover. Getting to the other slot requires you to remove the motherboard
to get to the slot on the other side.

Datamem wants $69 for this part. I see that today Memory-Up also lists it
for $69. Crucial is simply overpriced.