>A friend who has used Windows forever is looking to move to an Apple
>laptop. Any recommendations and how difficult is it to transfer files
>between the two? I know they use MS Word/Excel a lot.

No problem at all. I use both Mac and Windows all the time, accessing the
same MS Office files off the server. Just set the PC to share files and
have the Mac log into the PC. (Not the other way around. The PC will not
access the Mac as easily.) Copy the files over before sending the PC to
the dumpster.