bought an Asus laptop for wife for kitchen use.  bought it on price alone.
added some ram.  still running fine after 2 years of hard use.  it is not
transported, which is the real laptop killer.  sits on a countertop covered in
flour, olive oil, etc.

when she was employed, she drug a laptop with her everywhere.  EDS set up a
special shelf to rebuild her machine.  I know none of them  ever lasted 2
months without a trip to the shop.  I wonder who bought those units she beat to
death when EDS pulled them.