To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Must see TV...Off Topic????

As the most qualified religious nut on this list, let me speak to religion.

Someone once said where you heart is there is where your God is.

Stewart

At 10:32 PM 1/11/2008, you wrote:
There you go again!! Whenever there is a very serious issue that someone doesn't understand or doesn't want to be involved with, instead of learning more, or shutting up, all of a sudden it's a RELIGION! NO. WRONG.

Science is not a religion. It's based on repeatedly observable facts. Would you like the records that we kept for nearly 15 years of weather and energy use in our solar house, and resulting analysis? Why don't you take the time to read the scientific reports by real scientists instead of the ones paid by Exxon, et al. If you had been paying attention to the federal government's record of "scientific" reports during the Bush administration--or Bush I, or Reagan--you would have noticed that ignorant bureaucrats have been editing and redacting scientific data that they don't like. I use the USDA site often, and many of the more useful--and accurate--reports have been changed to be less useful or removed completely. The White House site for a while listed Thomas Jefferson, founder of the Democratic Party, as a Republican!

The scientists who work for the federal government and want to speak out on serious issues are either silenced or fired.

Want to do something useful to improve the climate and clean the air? Plant trees. Lots of them. We've planted over 500. You can too. [Back to computers] This might be a good time to consider your next computer, too, and look for the most efficient, best quality, least toxic, most recycleable, longest lasting one you can find.

Betty

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace