Most people do not have the time to get the facts about even one of these
topics. I used to write environmental analyses for the Dept of Energy so
I know first hand how much work it takes to get the real data, find some
way to fill in the gaps, and then figure out what it all means. Nobody
could do this about all the topics before us and some topics are so murky
that there may be few facts to consider.

I think the first post in this long thread made a very valid point. As
Lincoln told us: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on
me." When someone tries to persuade me with "facts" that I know are
wrong, I tend to tune out the rest of it.

On the other hand, sometimes we simplify the facts because there is not
enough time to lay out all the facts. A stickler for all the facts may
get upset, but laying out all the facts won't change the conclusion.