>Thanks for trying to answer my question but unfortunately your answer
>needs some translation for this neophyte.

Those are all very good questions. My best advice to you is to ignore my
previous answer and stick to iTunes. Go back to my previous, previous
answer about using the Advanced menu in iTunes to get content that is not
in the iTunes directory. But are you really sure that your content is not
in the iTunes directory? There is not much that iTunes has not indexed.