Andreas Schulz wrote:
> Accepted (and almost completed). Just not quite sure if this will also
> work with the python bindings. In addition, a single-shot application
> like concordance will IMHO not actually suffer too much from a small
> memory leak. I've seen other applictaions at work, running 24/7 for
> weeks, where even few bytes leaking here and there eventually crashed
> the system, but that's a completely different story..

Just because we run only for a short time does not mean that memory
leaks are acceptable in our codebase. It's not clear to me if you were
implying they were or not, but just to be clear... they're not.

> You probably missed the paragraph in the IGN^H^H^HREADME file:
>> Future extensions should also include en-/decoding of standard
>> IR protocols like the NEC and RC5 protocols.

Hmm. The name doesn't really bother me, but just for discussion sake...
I'll throw this into the mix.  How about something like libirconvert, or
libirparse or libirencode - since there's nothing specific about remotes
in the library.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming