On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 09:59:17AM -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> > Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> > Cool; I'll check that out this morning and modify the install path for the
> > policy file and we should be set.  I'll send you a patch shortly.
>
> Question: why symlink the udev rule from /etc/udev to /etc/udev/rules.d?  The
> systems I've looked at (Fedora, Debian) just install the file to
> /etc/udev/rules.d; it's probably best not to pollute /etc/udev.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    19 2007-07-21 23:57 025_libgphoto2.rules ->
../libgphoto2.rules
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    22 2009-01-30 22:19 025_logitechmouse.rules ->
../logitechmouse.rules

As an example. My understanding is it was supposed to be like that - an init.d
type system.

As it turns out, only a few are like that, not most... so I don't really care.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming