> So, I'm running out of ideas about what might be your problem.
> Did you already succeed  to update your remote with concordance,
> or at least manage to pass the connectivity check before?

Updating the remote is no problem. Also firmware upgrade works
flawlessly with conconrdance 0.21. The only problem I have noticed so
far is that learning IR codes doesn't work.

Now I have installed the latest ubuntu release (jaunty) and will try if
that makes a difference.

...I'll report back.

Best regards
Michael