❦  8 août 2012 19:55 CEST, Vincent Bernat <ber...@luffy.cx> :

> I am sharing my Conkeror configuration between several computers and I
> would like some configuration settings to be specific to a
> host. Usually, this means adding a condition the hostname.
>
> I did not find any function that would return me the hostname. I have
> nothing in the environment variables that contain the hostname and I
> would like to avoid to add one.
[...]

Instead of focusing on the `hostname` command, I have just read
`/etc/hostname`:

#v+
function hostname() {
    var host = read_text_file(make_file("/etc/hostname"));
    return host.replace(/\n/g, "") || null;
}
#v-
--
printk("MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!\n");
        2.4.3. linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.c