> The javascript code to clear the startup-cache is as follows:

Ran it and then ran reinit.  No change.  Value of webjumps.foo still empty.

Finally I had the idea of moving /home/levy/.c to /home/levy/.cc and
redefining conkeror.rcfile accordingly. This fixed everything. Moved
it back to /home/levy/.c -- everything still working normally. That
is, changes in jumps.js become active upon reinit, as it used to be.
Caching doesn't seem to be getting in the way (but I'm saving the code
you sent in any case!)

Just one loose end left to tie up: How can I load a specific file by
hand (say one of the files in conkeror.rcfile)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Silvio