1a. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: George Marques de Jesus
1b. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: Roger Mills
1c. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: Padraic Brown
1d. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: C. Brickner
1e. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: R A Brown
1f. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: MorphemeAddict
1g. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    From: Douglas Koller

2a. The Thorn Letter
    From: Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews
2b. Re: The Thorn Letter
    From: Padraic Brown

3a. Some progress on Guggruug (was Animal Noises and Other Songs by Popu
    From: Padraic Brown

1a. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    Posted by: "George Marques de Jesus" georgemje...@gmail.com
    Date: Fri Jul 5, 2013 6:01 pm ((PDT))

2013/7/5 Eric Christopherson <ra...@charter.net>

> On Jul 5, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Leonardo Castro <leolucas1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In expressions like "for me to do", do you use "me" or "I" in your
> > conlangs? (If it distinguish them.)
> >
> > In natlangs, is there a general tendency towards using a specific-case
> > pronoun? In pt-BR, the formal rule is using the nominative ("caso
> > reto", actually), that is, "for I to do" ("para eu fazer"), but people
> > on the streets apparently prefer "for me to do" ("para mim fazer"),
> > what is considered a grave mistake by grammaticians.
>
> Is that _fazer_ the 1sg-inflected one, or a bare infinitive? I.e. Would
> you say _para nos fazermos_?

It's the inflected. "Para nós fazer" is a mistake, one should say "para nós
fazermos".

George Marques
http://georgemarques.com.br

1b. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    Posted by: "Roger Mills" romi...@yahoo.com
    Date: Fri Jul 5, 2013 6:27 pm ((PDT))

Well, like many other conlangs here, Kash would use a prep. phrase:

'Something for me to do' iyuni mamepu

iyu/ni re ma/mepu
st/ni REL I/ do

You could if desired insert a modal into the Rel.Cl.-- must, want to, should
etc. thus _ma/Modal mepu_

________________________________
In expressions like "for me to do", do you use "me" or "I" in your
conlangs? (If it distinguish them.)

In natlangs, is there a general tendency towards using a specific-case
pronoun? In pt-BR, the formal rule is using the nominative ("caso
reto", actually), that is, "for I to do" ("para eu fazer"), but people
on the streets apparently prefer "for me to do" ("para mim fazer"),
what is considered a grave mistake by grammaticians.

Até mais!

Leonardo

1c. Re: Something for we to discuss!
    Posted by: "Padraic Brown" elemti...@yahoo.com