The current practice is as Margo describes:  any individual Justice can CFR,
and CFRs aren't published as regular orders.  The same is true, I think, for
CFRecords.  CVSGs are a different matter, and thus they appear on orders
lists.

From: Margo Schlanger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cert order list? -- Newdow
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:30:08 -0400

By the way, is this how CFR's happen, these days?  That is, on an orders
list?  It used to be that they were issued by the Clerks' Office (on the
authority of any one Justice, not the Conference), so they weren't orders,
and their timing was out of sync with orders lists.  But that predates the
more recent practice on waiving response, and I don't know how it works
now.

Thanks,

Margo Schlanger