That's correct.  If Newdow wishes to argue the case, he'll need leave of the Court to do so pursuant to Rule 6.3.  The Court
does not invariably grant such a motion.  See, e.g., Buckley v. ACLF, 524 U.S. 975 (1998) (mem.).
----- Original Message -----
From: Pam Karlan
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: Attorney's fees in pledge of allegiance case

Dear All,

I've been told that he is a lawyer, although only quite recently admitted in California -- apparently so recently admitted that he will have to proceed pro hac vice in the Supreme Court because he doesn't have the requisite three years to be eligible for admission to the Supreme Court Bar.

Pam Karlan

At 05:57 PM 10/15/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I had heard he was a lawyer; does anyone know for sure?  Paul Finkelman