I am loathe to let a branch lay around for a long time with minimal
work being done actively on it and we learned what we wanted to from
it in the short time we worked with it I think.

my take-away was that the change the string based keys will be a good
change but its large enough that it should be done in the context of
some other refactoring and changes.

as for the int->long id change, I think its a good thing and will
focus us to address the database upgrading issue so its all good imo
:)

jesse