I think the best way would be to allow the user to chosse his own template, if
a template isn't define, continuum will choose the default.

About the issue, I closed it because the mail is customizable (subject, print
or not the build output...) but if we can allow new templates, we'll can reopen
this issue or open a new one.

Emmanuel

Rahul Thakur a écrit :
I think this might be a good feature to have in continuum. Users can be allowed to create their own notification templates that can be stored in DB for a given build. In case of no email template, we use the default.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Rahul

Tomislav Stojcevich wrote:
This was marked closed, should it have been?  I still see no way of
allowing the user to customize the content of the email body.

Right now the velocity templates are part of the continuum-core
project and are buried inside the core.jar so it's not easy for the
users to edit the template.

What does everybody think about adding a step to the continuum-webapp
project that extracts the templates from the continuum-core.jar and
puts a copy of them in the WEB-INF/classes directory.  When the mail
notifier loads the templates it should find the ones in the
WEB-INF/classes before the ones in the jar and run with those.

That way the users can edit them and customize them any way they want.