Are you sure your server is up?
Exception is :
Can't connect to mx.company.com with user raghu.guru
Caused by: No response from the server.:

Recipient address is the jabber address of user that will receive all
notifications.
For room, you must define the room name in recipient address and activate "Is it a
Jabber group?" field.

Emmanuel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
Thanks for your reply,

I tried with your new continuum snapshot, i added notification thru continuum admin console, and created a shell project also

now i'mgetting

jjvm 1 | 2006-03-13 12:36:01,978 [Thread-1] ERROR ContinuumNotificationDispatcher - Error while trying to use the jabb
ernotifier.
jvm 1 | org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Exception while sending message. jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNot
ifier.java:236)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendNotification(JabberContinu
umNotifier.java:135)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.sendNotification(Defau
ltContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:173)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultC
ontinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:3
63)
jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecu
tor.java:53)
jvm 1 | at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQu
eueExecutor.java:103)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
jvm 1 | Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClientException: Can't connect to mx.company.com with user raghu.guru jvm 1 | at org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.logon(DefaultJabberClient.java:121) jvm 1 | at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNot
ifier.java:218)
jvm 1    |      ... 7 more
jvm 1    | Caused by: No response from the server.:
jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.NonSASLAuthentication.authenticate(NonSASLAuthentication.java:58) jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java:220) jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:352) jvm 1 | at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:318) jvm 1 | at org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.logon(DefaultJabberClient.java:94)
jvm 1    |      ... 8 more

I manually logged into jabber with the What will recipient Address here?, my company also uses a "conference room" is there somewhere in settings i can mention the room name??

Thanks,
Raghu

Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/12/2006 04:11 AM
Please respond to continuum-users

To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org cc: Subject: Re: Jabber not working

I fixed the NPE. Can you try the latest snapshot?
http://maven.zones.apache.org/~continuum/builds/branches/continuum-1.0.x/continuum-20060312.020000.tar.gz

Emmanuel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

Hi All,

I'm using continuum 1.0.3 and added a shell project.

then in my pom notifiers i have

       <type>jabber</type>
       <configuration>
          <host>mx.company.com</host>
          <port>5222</port>
          <login>raghu guru</login>
          <password>password</password>
          <domainName>company.com</domainName>
          <sslConnection>false</sslConnection>
          <address>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</address>
          <isGroup>false</isGroup>
       </configuration>
        <sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
       <sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
       <sendOnWarning>false</sendOnWarning>

but when i build it, getting the error as

4377956 [Thread-1] INFO org.codehaus.plexus.notification.notifier.Notifier:jabber - Current

build
state: 2, previous build state: 3
4383040 [Thread-1] ERROR org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskQueueExecutor:build-project

-
Error while executing task.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at

org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.logon(DefaultJabberClient.java:103)

at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:218)

at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendNotification(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:135)

at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:170)

at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)

at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:363)

at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:53)

at

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)

       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I guess i'm missing something thats why getting NullPointer , anyone has

any idea on this??

Thanks,
Raghu