De : Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : dimanche 19 août 2007 00:13
À : continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Objet : Re: How to import all modules of Maven 2 project

Wendy Smoak pisze:
> On 8/18/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I noticed that Continuum can do a mass import of modules by scanning
>> recursively pom files. That's really nice feature! However, I found
>> limitation that is quite annoying for me: I can't tell Continuum to
>> use other than default Maven profile while scanning for modules. In
>> our pom[2] we have defined most modules in allblocks profile so I can't add
>> them automatically. Since number of modules is around 230 adding them
>> manually is not an option.
>>
>> Can you give some advice?
>
> My preference is to make the default setup build everything, (with
> activeByDefault or activation based on the absence of a property) and
> then rely on the other profiles to build smaller subsets.

We gradually move modules into default build so situation improves but I fear
such a radical change is not an option for us, now.

> My first (pre-caffeine) idea for a workaround is to define a minimal
> ci-pom.xml and list all the modules.  When you add the project to
> Continuum, specify that pom, but let the build definition use the
> normal pom.xml. [untested]

That does not solve our problem because our root pom looks like this:
  <modules>
     <module>blocks</module>
     <module>commons</module>
     <module>core</module>
     <module>tools</module>
     <module>dists</module>
     <!-- sub projects -->
     <module>core/cocoon-configuration/cocoon-configuration-api</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-configuration/cocoon-spring-configurator</module>

<module>core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-components</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample</module>
   </modules>

The rest is defined in other poms, so I would have to create recursively
ci-pom.xml files or create one big, aggregated ci-pom.xml files. Second option
is not perfect because it still involves recursive, manual scanning. With help
of little scripting I could build some bash script but I would really like to
avoid doing this.

> Emm has also written about the XML-RPC interface, which might be
> useful to get these projects added:
> http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/evenisse/2007/08/15/1187191589861.html

This involves writing custom Java app which is even worse IMO.

I'm wondering if adding support for Maven profiles to Continuum would be that
hard?

Thanks for answer.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this
message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).
If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender
and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of
this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations
contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et
destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés.
Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur
et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou
divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées de ce
message, sont interdites.