Emmanuel,

thanks for your reply.
I have been going back and forth between the two structures,
and actually even tried a mix of both, with two poms,
one for inheritance (flat) and the other for aggregation (hierachical).
It works, but it is kind of a mess :)

The addition of this check in a way or an other would be a real
saver for us: we cannot afford 4 hours of builds each type someone
fixes a typo in a Javadoc ...

Should I file a JIRA issue regarding this ?

--
Julien