Hi,
Im my company, we use it on a solaris server in a tomcat (6.0.14) (not
really confident in windows :-) ).
JAVA_OPTS has the following content -Xmx1536m -Xms1536m -server.

Concerning impact on performance, I see an issue with your "build
after each commit".
Here we use the following cron "0 0 1,10,12,16,18,20 * * ?"

--
Olivier