Hi list,

I'm trying to release a Maven2 project with Continuum (1.1) release feature.
However, the release fails because of the following:

cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository

In my project, I have defined the SCM in the pom as follows:

  <scm>
    <connection>
      scm:cvs:pserver:anonymous:@cvs:/var/lib/cvs:pathToMyModule
    </connection>
    <developerConnection>
      scm:cvs:pserver:@cvs:/var/lib/cvs:pathToMyModule
    </developerConnection>
  </scm>

When I prepare the release, I enter a username and a password who
have write access to the CVS repository.

Furthermore, in the ${HOME}/.m2/settings.xml of the user running
Continuum, the property <username> is defined in an active profile
and is set to the same username.

Finally, in the ${HOME}/.cvspass of the user running Continuum,
there is a line corresponding to this same user.

Nevertheless, I'm apparently denied write access.

I've noticed that the "Root" of the CVS directories in the checked-out
projects were
:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/cvs

so, apparently, the projects are checked out using the anonymous
(read-only) user.

- Could this be the cause of the error?
- Are Continuum / Maven ignoring the given username and using the one
  contained in the "Root" entry?
- Is this a (known) bug?
- Would someone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot and happy new year.

--
Julien