On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Luca Berra wrote:

> hello,
> i rebuilt with --with system buchan's rpm
> and i found a strange thing
>
> the home share has option
> valid user = %S

Yours, or the default (I am quite sure the default doesn't have this, it
was there at one time, but was removed since when running winbind,
%U!=%S).

> it seems that i cannot connect with this option enables,
> commenting it out works.
> also adding a line whit a preexec that creates a file shows that %S has
> the correct value (the username)
>
> anyone besides me seen this?

No, but I am using (more or less) the default smb.conf. But I added it,
and you're correct, it doesn't work (as it should - and did in 2.2.x IIRC)

Did this change recently in samba3? If so, do you know which version (I
have binaries of many releases for many Mandrake releases, but I would
like to know which ones to test ...) In rc4, the sambe team made a
change to some aspects that may affect this (actually, according to the
changelog, should only affect %u and %g used in "logon *" configs).

Regards,
Buchan

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.