During the bombing raid on Mon, 14 May 2001 10:23:04 -0700 (PDT), SI Reasoning
was heard mumbling in fear:

> I have had a horrible problem with keeping an accurate
>  system time on my Mandrake systems. I have had this
>  problem on both laptops and desktops through at least
>  the 7.0 versions and continuing up through current
>  8.1. My time will be off by minutes each hour (seems
>  to lag in my laptop and rush on the desktop). I have
>  worked around this by doing an ntpdate every hour...
>  however with run-parts being down it just brought up
>  this reminder.

        Run an ntp daemon to keep your clock in check? That's what I do

>  Is this a kernel problem or is this a mandrake
>  problem? Anyone else out there having this issue?

        I have no clue what's to blame for this for sure, but my gut feeling is
on the HW.

        Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.

Vox populi, vox deii....