Luca Olivetti a écrit:

Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

Have a look at /usr/bin/soundwrapper, it's really simple.

And broken for remote X

Audio on remote X connections has never worked correctly, AFAIK.

Most applications work fine (with a modified soundwrapper to take into account the LD_PRELOAD set by ltsp sound). Arts doesn't work fine (choppy sound), applications with a nas output plugin (e.g. mplayer) work the best.
Anyway you're right: remote sound is a mess and it's a pity (ltsp is an amazing way to recover otherwise useless pcs).
Still I find the autodetection made by soundwrapper too simplistic.

Bye

I think that there should be a common way to access sound devices : some software use directly the /dev/dsp, some other provide plugins for every sound server...those two solutions are bad. there should be ONE soundwrapper used by EVERY application and a soundwrapper.conf which would permit to set options (for ex : "server=nasd", allow-remote-sound=yes", etc...)
That is REALLY far two complicated for the moment, and ltsp works fine on the remote client side in general : that's the server side which does not work properly, even without any remote X.