On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 05:22:50PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Really minor issue, it's only evident on macros which expand by default
(ie %install with debug support) and in the changelog list, so I don't see
the point of changing historic changelogs if they cause no harm (note the
%install ones were fixed).

vi samba.spec
/%changelog
:.,$s/\([^%]\)%\([^%]\)/\1%%\1

well i took ages to figure why i was not able to rebuild alpha23.3, and i fear the next time someone creates another macro it will happen again.

2) manpage for smb.conf is broken in the beta1
tarball or in samba cvs, and i am not able to rebuild the docs (xsltproc
hangs processing smb.conf.5.xml)
well, actually it did not hang, i was missing a dtd and it keept
fetching it from the net (i'll have to switch that transparent proxy
back on again sometimes).
using:
XSLTPROC="/usr/bin/xsltproc --nonet" ./configure in the docs/docbook dir
helps a lot since xsltproc would exit on a missing local definition
instead of taking hours to build the documentation.

What i discovered is that if we rebuild the docs in beta1 we get much
more documentation than if we don't (including manpages for a few tools,
a docs/faq with correct links, and more)
This will add a number of buildrequires.

to build html and manpages we need:
docbook-dtd42-xml
docbook-style-xsl
libxslt-proc

to build tex/ps/pdf:
tetex-latex
tetex-dvips
netpbm

to build txt we would need xmlto which is not packaged in Mandrake atm.

regards,
L.

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]