On Friday 08 August 2003 17:17, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Ainsi parlait Michael Scherer :
> > if this is not a pure perl module, you can ignore it.is we
> > or, if you really want to be clean, just split the package, in
> > linuxdoc-tools and perl-Text, or something like that.
>
> Many perl script have part of their code into modules, but as long as
> these modules are not standard, and won't be requested by other
> packages, there is no need to split just to comply to a misapplied
> naming policy.

That's right. The same could be applied to library, but there is the 64
bit library problem, i guess, and there is nothing like this for perl
and python.

The problem now is to fix the test. Having a useless warning is bad, it
add noise to the output.

We have 2 choices :  add a exception, or change the files regexp.

adding exception is not a valid solution, because having too much
exceptions is a proof they are not exceptions.

the test is based on the presence on files in some directory.
/usr/lib/xmms => xmms naming policy is tested
/usr/lib/python-* => python

so, i propose to ignore the test if there is a file in some directory (
mainly bin/ or sbin/  ).

WDYT ?

--

Michaël Scherer