On Thursday 28 August 2003 22:57, dave wrote:
> The main mirror sunsite.uio.no is not current again.  It has not
> received an update in over 2 days!!!!!!!

if the main mirror is broken, can you explain why I have yesterday
update on the one i am using ( sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de )

how do you know it is the main mirror ? and what does main mirror mean
for you ?

if this is the mirror from where all other update, then this doesn't
seems to be the case anymore.

> What is causing this?  I do not remember having this many mirror
> problems with cooker before 9.1 was released.
>
> How can cooker be tested when the main source for download is
> constantly having problems.

by changing sources, and by being sure that you do not have a problem on
your side. you can also use rc1.

> LETS make is priority number 1 to fix the mirror problems!!!

ok, what is your proposition ?

if there is a problem with a mirror, then you should write to mirror
administrator, not to mandrake developpers.

i agree when you say it slowdown the whole process of testing, but, what
is the problem of having a mirror 2 day behind ?

usually, when you signal a bug in bugzilla, you check to see if it has
already been reported before, no ? and you use the fields "version" to
signal your version, so, what is really the problem ?

--

Mickaël Scherer